The KSM9 is a premium vocal condenser microphone that captures vocal subtlety with extraordinary detail to deliver clear articulation, functional flexibility, and precise vocal reproduction for live performance. Engineered to exacting standards, the KSM9 reveals nuance and subtlety in a microphone optimized for the most demanding live environments. With its dual diaphragm design and switchable polar patterns (supercardioid/cardioid), the KSM9 is the choice for the world’s most accomplished vocal performances. KSM9 microphones offer exceptional consistency across all frequencies, providing more gain before feedback, while decreasing proximity effect. As the premier choice in handheld wireless microphone options for Axient, UHF-R, and ULX-D, KSM9 microphones are built to exacting Shure endurance standards, renowned worldwide and proven night after night, center stage.
Offering exceptional consistency across all frequencies, the Shure KSM9 vocal condenser microphone provides more gain before feedback, while decreasing proximity effect–revealing nuance and subtlety in a microphone optimized for the most demanding live environments. With its dual diaphragm design and switchable polar patterns, the KSM9 is the choice for the world’s most accomplished vocal performances.
The Shure KSM9 handheld microphone in charcoal.
Cardioid frequency response and polar pattern.
Supercardioid frequency response and polar pattern.
Ideal for touring musicians regardless of venue, the KSM9 provides superior sound in any application that demands reference quality audio. The frequency response of the two patterns (Cardioid/Supercardioid) on the KSM9 sound nearly identical, making it possible to choose a pattern most suitable for a given application. The cardioid pick-up pattern provides excellent sound isolation and gain before feed-back with minimal off-axis coloration. The narrower supercardioid pick-up pattern provides maximum sound isolation and is ideal for applications in which there are high levels of ambient noise, or where multiple instruments or vocalists are close to each other.
- Dual 3/4-inch gold layered, low mass Mylar diaphragms provide superior frequency response.
- Dual polar patterns (cardioid and supercardioid) for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of performance applications.
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier provides transparent, extremely fast transient response with no crossover distortion and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion.
- Advanced suspension shock mount system that isolates cartridge from handling and stand noise.
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors.
- Three-stage grille reduces “pop” and breath noise.
- Aluminum carrying case
- Smooth, pronounced high-end response
- Upper mid-range sounds accurate and articulate without sounding harsh
- Reduced proximity effect
- Focused low-end response
- Cartridge Type: Condenser (Electret Biased)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms (actual)
- Phantom Power: 48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3
- Current Drain: 5.2 mA typical at 48 Vdc
- Common Mode Rejection: >60 dB, 50 Hz to 20 kHz
- Polarity: Positive pressure on front diaphragm produces positive voltage on output pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Directional Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Supercardioid
- Sensitivity (typical; at 1000 Hz; 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL): -51 dBV/Pa
- Self-noise (typical, equivalent SPL; A-weighted, IEC 651): 22 dB
- Maximum SPL @ 1000 Hz: 2500 ohm load: 152 dB; 1000 ohm load: 152 dB
- Output Clipping Level: 2500 ohm load: 6.7 dBV; 1000 ohm load: 6.0 dBV
- Dynamic Range: 2500 ohm load: 130 dB; 1000 ohm load: 130 dB
- Signal to Noise ratio: 72 dB
- Weight: 49 mm (1 15/16 in.) maximum body diameter, 191 mm (7.5 in.) long; 300 grams (10.6 oz).