Do you need some recording equipment, particularly a microphone with accessories, we have put together a couple of bundles that may offer you just what you need without having you spend a fortune on them. While it can be a little confusing to know the exact what kind and number of accessories you actually need for your endeavor, you need to understand that microphones aren’t exactly cheap. Luckily, the majority of the known brands offer package deals thus offering several accessories in a single package and of course, shaving off a few bucks in the process. Below is a list of the best mic packages, which we recommend our readers to take a look at if they are in need of a solid microphone package.
- What to look for with microphone packages
- The Best Microphone Packages And Bundles
What to look for with microphone packages
It seems a little subjective to keep using words like “package” or “bundle” and from personal experience as well as research; I can categorically say that there are quite a number of variations on offer out there. That said, we intend to shed a little light on some of the best mic packages so our readers can have an idea of what is obtainable in the market. To get recording, there are some accessories you need and these accessories are enumerated below:
- Mic stands: Unless you intend to use a USB mic that utilises a desk stand, you will have to get a full-size stand for your mic to ensure it is properly positioned. While it is possible to buy a mic stand separately, and they aren’t too expensive, there are quite a few packages that come with a stand.
- Shock mount: This looks like a little cage that houses the mic. Its major task is to keep the mic from damage, however, it can also be the perfect tool to isolate the mic from mechanical noise thus absorbing all shock and vibrations that occur with mics.
- Pop filter: Some call it a wind filter or pop shield. If you have done any form of recording in the past, you will observe that there are some “P’s”, “S’s” and “K’s” sound that just spoil your sound. The pop filter is capable of minimizing the emphasis on some of these letters. I will always recommend that you make use of one.
- Audio interface: This might not be the most important tool but it is capable of turning your recording session from amateur level to pro level recordings. They are a kind of external sound card that are capable of processing recordings even better than your computer system and this covers latency and audio quality. It also offers phantom power, which is needed by most of the mics below.
- Necessary cables: Of course, this equipment needs to be hooked up. Therefore, you need to keep in mind that not all packages will offer you all the cables you need to work with. Also, you have to be sure the cables are right for instance, the USB cable for your audio interface or an XLR that plugs into the mic.
- Headphones: Almost everyone has headphones lying around in their apartment. However, you need headphones that are specifically designed for recording environments if you wish to optimize your efforts. Some packages have closed-back, over-ear headphones that are perfect for microphone uses. You may want to consider other packages if you already have a good headphone. Many people recording audio will be using ‘”reference” or “monitor” studio headphones which makes mixing/mastering easier as they offer a true and honest sound.
- Music software: The essence of recording vocals is so we can store, mix and then create good music right? You can make use of music software, even if you are podcasting. There are some free software on the Internet that you can use, however, some packages come with lite versions of popular DAWs and in some cases, the complete version of the brands music software if they have.
Unfortunately, no single package ticks every item on our list although some of them come close. For this reason, you have to identify the reason you need a mic package and the accessories that best suit your needs before deciding on which to go for.
The Best Microphone Packages And Bundles
Rode NT1-A Condenser Mic Bundle
In the microphone package:
- 1 studio secrets DVD
- 1 mic dust cover
- 1 20′ XLR cable
- 1 shock mount (Rode SM6) with integrated pop filter
- 1 large-diaphragm condenser microphone (Rode NT1-A)
This is one of my favorite mics of all time particularly in the lower price end of studio mics. As a result of its amazing clarity, stability and warm sound it has amazed lots of positive reviews over the years. It is perfect for individuals who do not care much for interface or software but would rather have a standard mic with gritty accessories for recording. Together with the actual mic, this package contains pop filter, shock mount and cable – this ensures that you have all you need to tart a home studio. This brand is known for clarity of sound as well as its versatile use across multiple endeavors. It is easy to use and lightweight. Both sound and frequency is offered by this compact mic thus making it a very popular choice for instrumental and vocal recording. It also comes with a bonus instructional DVD for beginners to assist them set up perfectly for use. This quality set is offered at an affordable rate and can easily be compared to the best mic packages for beginners as well as semi-pros.
sE Electronics X1 S Studio
Included the microphone package:
- 1 XLR mic cable (3 meters)
- 1 isolation pack with pop shield
- 1 RF-X relfexion filter
- 1 large-diaphragm condenser microphone (X1 S)
sE Electronics offer a great product here, especially when you compare it with the others that fall within the same price range. That said, this package doesn’t come with any software or an interface. This is perfect for people who do not have the opportunity to record in an environment that offers proper acoustic in the background like a studio. This set offers all you need to recreate a home studio just about anywhere. It comes with a shock mount, which makes it easy to set up easily and quickly as well as a mic and a metal pop shield. This offers users the opportunity to record quality materials on the go. The bundle also comes with a “reflexion filter” to cover the outer rim of your microphone, thus ensuring that you recording is picked directly by the mic. This offers the users the chance to add acoustic and mixes to the background to provide depth to the recording quality.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio
In the microphone bundle:
- 1 copy of Pro Tools First software
- 1 XLR cable (3 meters)
- 1 copy of Ableton Live Lite music software
- 1 copy of Focusrite Creative Pack (plug-ins and effects)
- 1 pair of closed-back studio headphones (HP60)
- 1 audio interface (Scarlett 2i2)
- 1 large-diaphragm condenser microphone (CM25)
Ableton Live Lite music software and some plug in effects that you can play around with till you master how to create amazing music from it. That said, you would still have to go out and buy things like pop filter, shock mount and mic stand separately. It isn’t always nice having to wait for information just like with almost every other thing in life and this relates to this model kit in the sense that it offers an amazing interface with extremely low latency in record transfer and this consequentially produces accurate depiction of sound in your headphones immediately as the sounds are recorded. It comes with a condenser mic, which is ideal for beginners or home studios as well as top quality closed-back headphones. You can plug in and record instrumentals and vocals at the same time with the 2 preamps in the interface. It also has 2 outputs to enable the transfer of recorded sound to software for mixing. This mic has a feature that enables you know just how well the overall sound you are producing is – red light indicating a need for adjustment which you should do until you see the green light come on which is a sign of good signal. This pack is budget friendly and also offers the trial version of the
PreSonus AudioBox Studio
Included the mic package:
- 1 XLR microphone cable
- 1 USB cable
- 1 copy of Studio One 3 digital audio workstation software
- 1 AudioBox USB audio interface
- 1 pair of semi-open headphones (HD7)
- 1 large-diaphragm condenser microphone (M7)
For intermediate users i.e. the users who are past the beginner stage but are not yet at the expert level, this is the perfect package to mix your music and create amazing sounds. This model is a little similar to the Focusrite just mentioned above however this is a little cheaper. This mic comes with headphones capable of capturing and listening to the high and low frequencies that are usually hard to attain. It also informs you on the necessary step to take to fine tune your recording, thus ensuring the final output is a masterpiece. It comes with the Studio One software, another added benefit of tis package. The Audio Box interface is very easy to hook up with, considering the fact that it comes with a USB mic that can easily be plugged into a mac or windows system for effective use. This package is one of the best there is and is a very good choice for musicians who are usually on the go.
MXL 770 Studio Package
In the mic bundle:
- 1 XLR microphone cable
- 1 microphone carrying case
- 1 shock mount
- 1 pop filter
- 1 boom mic stand
- 1 MXL 770 condenser microphone
This model offers the tools needed to get started on your recording journey and a budget friendly price. This pack goes for a little over a hundred dollars. It comes with a condenser mic and is a very popular lower-end condenser mic. It perfectly suits the adjustable tripod stand for mics to ensure that your recording device is stable and secure. It comes with its pop filter to ensure that there won’t be any form of popping noise while recording. It has been around for a while and with the glowing reviews it has, we can confidently say that this package deserves a spot on our list. If you are working within a very tight budget, you might want to consider this package.
Focusrite iTrack Solo Studio
Included in the microphone package:
- 2GB of Loopmasters samples
- 1 copy of Novation Bass Station Plug-in
- 1 copy of Ableton Live Lite
- 1 copy of Scarlett Plug-in Suite
- 1 XLR microphone cable (3 meters)
- 1 pair of studio headphones (HP60S)
- 1 audio interface (iTrack Solo)
- 1 condenser microphone (CM25S)
This package is another fan favorite. It might be a little less popular compared to the 2i2 version because of the lower in and outs in the interface however, for people who thing the other package was a little too expensive for their budget; this is the one for you. It comes with all you need to create your own studio and offers the capacity to use it on a large number of endeavors thus making it one of the best on this very list. You can plug it directly to almost all gadgets, including the iPad, PC or Mac systems and helps transfer music easily without any hassle. You are sure of clarity and quality sound thanks to its condenser mic and while recording, you can make sure of the sound by using the closed-back headset that comes with it. This mic is compact and can easily be carried on trips. You just have to plug it into you device or system and record whatever you want wherever you want this package is known for the high quality product it offers. It comes with the same software as in the other model however; it also has some samples, should you decide to start trying out some production.
Audix DP7 Drum Microphone Pack
In the drum mic package:
- 1 foam-lined hard-shell aluminum case
- 3 tension fit mic clips
- 4 rim mount clips (D-Vice)
- 1 snare mic (i5)
- 2 studio condenser microphones (ADX51)
- 1 floor tom mic (D4)
- 2 dynamic drum microphones (D2)
- 1 kick drum microphone (D6)
We’ve seen a lot of packages perfectly suited for vocalists. Now, let’s look at packages that are ideal for drummers. If you are one of the “you feel good if you feel good” believers, then you might want to consider the Audix DP7 Drum Microphone Pack. It was created with drummers in mind. With the mic variety that is offered in this package, you would understand the clarity and precision needed for the different sound and frequency levels. The mics are seven in number and can be adjusted to suit the drums you are working with from the floor toms to the drums, snare and kicks. It has a very low mass and are very light weight; notwithstanding, they are perfectly capable of capturing the music you are making perfectly and with a flexibility offered by the gooseneck design. This package is relatively more expensive than most of the packages on this list however; it delivers top quality that makes it worth it.
M-Audio Vocal Studio Pro II
Included the mic bundle:
- 1 copy of Waves plug-in pack
- 1 copy of Ableton Live Lite
- 1 USB cable
- 1 XLR mic cable
- 1 mic clip
- 1 pair of studio headphones
- 1 audio interface (M-Track)
- 1 large-diaphragm condenser microphone
This is one mic package that is very popular among users. The reviews show this. This sleek mic bundle offers users an upgraded technology to ensure that their recordings are clear and professional. This bundle fits perfectly into a number of endeavors including instrumentals, vocals and podcasts. The pack comes with a headphone; the diaphragm mic and the interface are just user-friendly. This mic amazingly captures your sound just how you record it, thanks to its sensitivity to low noise and the wide frequency at which it records. It comes in a compact, durable design, thus making it easy to carry your studio with you everywhere you go. The earphone that comes in this package has the capacity to eliminate all external sounds to ensure that you focus on only what you are recording. This is definitely one of the best bundles there is and it definitely deserves its place on our list.
Shure SM58-S Package
Included in the microphone package:
- 1 polishing cloth
- 1 20 foot XLR cable
- 1 windscreen
- 1 microphone boom stand
- 1 dynamic microphone (Shure SM58)
As we draw closer to the end of our list, we should talk about a live performance mic package. This package is popular for its durable design, top sound quality and is seen as a classic in the microphone world. This mic is perfect for singers on stage and at the amazingly affordable rate it goes for, it’s easy to see why we couldn’t conclude our list without having it here. It has amazing capacity to capture vocals and getting rid of the external noise from the audience. Rather than balancing with upper and lower frequencies, the bass roll off and brightened mid-range work to get rid of the low frequencies that reduce the sound vibrations that naturally occur during recording is eliminated by the shock mount it comes with. It is a very durable model, known to withstand the wear and tear over a long period of time. This package is perfect for amateurs and professionals alike and is arguably the best package for on stage live performers.
Sennheiser E 835 Bundle
Included in the microphone bundle:
- 1 carrying pouch (fits only the E 835)
- 1 20 foot XLR microphone cable
- 1 microphone clip
- 1 microphone boom stand
- 1 dynamic vocal microphone (Sennheiser E 835)
Last but not least on our list is the Sennheiser E 835 bundle, also suitable for live on stage performance. It comes with a pouch, connector cable, stand and the microphone itself. This model was designed specifically for the stage and studio and as a result, it has the capacity to withstand pressures of volume and at the same time eliminating external noise that could negatively impact the final result. This model, which is part of the beloved E series of mics, offers its users unrivalled clarity. It also comes with a boom stand that can be easily transported while ensuring that it is sturdy and solid in use. It is very durable and offers amazing flexibility and adjustability. This model caps off our list with its amazing quality and affordable price, which pretty much sums up every other bundle on this list. I really hope this brief insight was helpful.